[sudo-users] Question : muting the 'Matching Defaults..." text

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Tue Dec 28 13:29:36 EST 2010

2010/12/28 Richard Campomanes <rich4542 at gmail.com>:
> $ /usr/local/bin/sudo -l
> Matching Defaults entries for userX on this host:
>    !authenticate, !fqdn, lecture=never, listpw=never
>
> User userX may run the following commands on this host:
>    (ALL) ALL
> $
>
> I just want sudo to run the command and output normally without that text.

man sudo

-l[l] [command]
 If no command is specified, the -l (list) option will list the
allowed (and forbidden)
 commands for the invoking user (or the user specified by the -U
option) on the current host.
 If a command is specified and is permitted by sudoers, the
fully-qualified path to the
 command is displayed along with any command line arguments.  If
command is specified but not
 allowed, sudo will exit with a status value of 1.  If the -l option
is specified with an l
 argument (i.e. -ll), or if -l is specified multiple times, a longer
list format is used.