[sudo-users] sudo not prompting for password across different sessions

Anoop Saldanha poonaatsoc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 07:01:44 EDT 2010

Hi.

I am running 2 versions of slackware.  12 and 13.1.  In both the boxes, if I
open a terminal session, and type

sudo ls /root

it would ask me for a password.  I enter the password and I get the ls
results.  Immediately I open a fresh(new) terminal and I again type sudo ls
/root.  But this time it doesn't ask me for a password.

For every new session shouldn't sudo ask me for a password?  As in, isn't
sudo for one session specific to that session.

I checked with a couple of my friends running ubuntu and some others on irc,
and for them sudo doesn't mix sessions(it asks for a new password in a
different session).

My sudoers file

root ALL=(ALL) ALL
poona ALL=(ALL) ALL