[sudo-users] Keep Path FC9

Steve T stevetucknott at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 3 06:51:10 EST 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 19:33 +0800, Aaron Lewis wrote:

> Steve T wrote:
> > I used sudo under FC6 and could simply do 'sudo command' knowing that
> > the path for the command would be cloned from the current users (my)
> > path.
> > This does not appear to work in the same way under FC9 - is there a way
> > to still achieve the same thing?
> >

> > Thanks
> >
> Are you looking for secure_path ?
>
> man sudoers
>
> secure_path Path used for every command run from sudo. If you don’t
> trust the people running sudo
> to have a sane PATH environment variable you may want to use this.
> Another use is if
> you want to have the "root path" be separate from the "user path." Users
> in the group
> specified by the exempt_group option are not affected by secure_path.
> This option is
> set to /bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/etc:/etc by default.
>
> Hope it helps.

Aaron,
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure as most of the options are compile time and the sudo
command was pre-compiled under FC9. I've tried the 'keep' options in the
sudoers file to no avail.

I had the same issue a year+ back and never resolved it - I'll have to
try getting the source and compiling that.