[sudo-users] sudo + ldap - nisNetgroupTriple

Jr Aquino JR.Aquino at citrixonline.com
Wed May 26 10:16:08 EDT 2010

I guess I should have been more clear to start.

I have written a method of role based authorization control for pam
and am working with the pam_ldap groups to have it committed into
their main branch.

As such, I'd like to have a list of hosts that both sudo and pam_ldap
can look to without having to duplicate the same data in 2 different
formats.

Symas and PADL have expressed a desire not to perpetuate the use of
NIS in favor of a more pure ldap object for strict RFC reasons.

Either way, I am indifferent so long as both sudo and pam_ldap can
play nice together without the duplication of data.

So that either means pam_ldap must be able to utilize nisNetgroup's or
that sudo must be able to use a groupOfNames type object.

I was hoping that sudo already supported an alternative to nis out of
the box.

It sounds like the answer is no.

-Jr