[sudo-users] Sudo not asking users' password

Fabien Bagard fabien.bagard at parrot.com
Wed Nov 17 12:22:03 EST 2010

Hi everyone.

I have some trouble with sudo :

On some servers, sudo grant root privileges to members of group 'sudo'
without asking them their password.
The problem is I do not understand why, and how to get the password asked.

It is not a timeout problem, because even after a long while, or even
without the /var/rum/sudo/ dir, the problem persists.

Sudo version 1.6.8p12

# /etc/sudoers
#
# This file MUST be edited with the 'visudo' command as root.
#
# See the man page for details on how to write a sudoers file.
#

Defaults    env_reset,logfile=/var/log/sudo.log

# Host alias specification

# User alias specification

# Cmnd alias specification
Cmnd_Alias    CCMD = /some/custom/command --with-arguments

# User privilege specification
root    ALL=(ALL) ALL
user1 ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: CCMD
%sudo    ALL=(ALL) ALL

# ls -l /var/run/
drwx------ 2 root root 4096 2010-11-17 17:08 sudo

Could this be a pam problem, despite the fact that users accounts are
local accounts and those servers are not aware of my AD ?

--
Fabien Bagard
IT Department

Parrot SA
174, Quai de Jemmapes | 75010 Paris - France
tel + 33 (0)1 48 03 60 60 | fax + 33 (0)1 48 03 70 08
http://www.parrot.com

This e-mail message and any attached document(s) are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s)and may contain confidential and legally
privileged information.
Any unauthorized review, copy, use and/or disclosure is prohibited.
reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original.