[sudo-users] How does sudo's support for Solaris projects work?

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Sun Oct 10 17:11:06 EDT 2010

In message <39AF6C705C49BB458D2E00C74D963DB207544B6D at de01exm68.ds.mot.com>
	so spake "Lam Andrew-CAL041" (Andy.Lam):

> Can somebody tell me how sudo's support for Solaris projects works?  If
> sudo is compiled with the --with-project option, how does sudo behave
> differently?  I looked through the documentation and wasn't able to find
> anything on this.

The --with-project option enables a bit of code that sets the project
resource limits (if any are defined) based on the user the command
is being run as.  For more information on Solaris project limits,
see the project(4) man page on a Solaris machine or:
    http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-5174/project-4?l=en&a=view