[sudo-users] Granting users the ability to su to another user via sudo

John Adams jxadams at ualr.edu
Wed Sep 22 17:54:45 EDT 2010

On Sep 22, 2010, at 1:20 PM, Galen Johnson wrote:

> Why use su at all?  You can do this with sudo...sudo -s.

	On trying this at the command line, I'm seeing what I want to see with this:

sudo -i -u newuser

	Using sudo -s -u newuser leaves the environment of the original user, which is not what I want.

	So the appropriate step to take would be to add an entry like this?

%group ALL=(root) sudo -i -u user

	Again, this seems so simple and obvious that there must be something wrong with it. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

	John A