[sudo-users] Sudo - Rexec

Dave david.harding at brighthouse.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 06:18:17 EDT 2011

Gary Bouda <Gary.Bouda <at> PublicTrust.co.nz> writes:

> I am
> using rexec ( using standard rexec and dlls within vb) from a NT/XP
> workstation to run sudo on a IBM Aix server.
>
> What I get is the
> command runs on the aix box, but then hangs for 20-60 seconds then returns the
> info to the calling program.
>
> If I use the same
> command but not using sudo, the command returns straight
> away.
<snip>
Gary,

Did you get any replies on this?
I have been playing with rexec and sudo. I have found that sudo requires that
you be attached to a tty device, and it will fail if not; typically, when you
use rexec to "login" to a remote server, you won't have a tty attached, I think.
I was wondering if you had any suggestions back that might be useful to me, too.

Cheers,
dave