[sudo-users] LDAP problem

John Berninger jwb at unc.edu
Mon Aug 29 12:22:52 EDT 2011

Gentlefolk -

I have an LDAP-based sudoers configuration that works for RHEL (Red Hat
Enterprise Linux) 4, RHEL 5, and Fedora clients. On a new RHEL 6 client,
I'm given the error message:

sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting

I've checked my /etc/ldap.conf file and it contains the correct
sudoers_base reference.The nsswitch.conf file contains "sudoers: ldap".
LDAP lookups of users via both ldapsearch and id/getent type commands
work normally.

Can anyone suggest where I might look next to resolve this?

--
John