[sudo-users] LDAP problem

John Berninger jwb at unc.edu
Mon Aug 29 14:53:36 EDT 2011

On 8/29/11 2:12 PM, JR Aquino wrote:
> Try making a symlink: ln -s /etc/ldap.conf /etc/nss_ldap.conf
>
> Fedora/Redhat semi-recently split the ldap.conf file to address the difference between nss_ldap.conf and pam_ldap.conf

That got me a lot further; now I'm making it to LDAP, but I'm getting
told my password is wrong, and the error appearing in /var/log/secure is:

Aug 29 14:33:03 subversion sudo: pam_unix(sudo:auth): conversation failed
Aug 29 14:33:03 subversion sudo: pam_unix(sudo:auth): auth could not
identify password for [jwbernin]

PAM will accept the password, do an LDAP lookup, and authenticate me
successfully, sudo is being a bit more stubborn.

--
John