[sudo-users] sudo-1.7.4p6 on AIX 5300-08-10-1015 some commands do not work

Joseph Balshi joseph_balshi at glic.com
Thu Mar 3 09:10:28 EST 2011

I am experiencing some issues with sudo-1.7.4p6 on AIX 5300-08-10-1015.
I was able to compile and install with no issue, but I noticed that some
programs such a /usr/bin/bootlist, /usr/sbin/powermt and /usr/sbin/mklv
do not work correctly. It appears that the commands execute, but do not
return the desired output. Any idea why this is happening?

I also installed the sudo 1.6.9p15 RPM  from
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/aix/linux/toolbox/alpha.html
and it behaved the same way.

JB

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the
message and any attachments.  Thank you.