[sudo-users] How to determine which sudoers file is in use.

Kevin M. Shortt shortt at cgicafe.com
Mon May 23 09:06:00 EDT 2011

I have a very mixed environment with alot of servers. ( >1500
servers..) The majority of the OS flavors are Linux, AIX, and Solaris.

I am seeking a simple test to determine which sudoers file the sudo
binary is parsing for configuration content. I have binaries in many
places, and the sudoers file location varies mostly between /etc/sudoers
and /usr/local/etc/sudoers.

I've read the manpage, and sudo -L does
not seem provide me what I need. I am hoping I've missed something.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

-Kevin