[sudo-users] Assistance requested with recent upgrade from 1.6.8 to 1.7.2

Mike Dunne mdunne at isc.upenn.edu
Mon Sep 19 12:54:10 EDT 2011

Greetings,

I was recently handed a RHEL 5.7 system on which sudo was upgraded from version 1.6.8 to 1.7.2 of sudo and the upgrade seems to be interfering with a rysnc job responsible for backups. Within /etc/sudoers is the following line:

repl            ALL=NOPASSWD: REPLF,REPLB,LS,/usr/bin/rsync

REPLF is the name of the script and is defined earlier in the sudoers files as a cmnd_alias. When I manually run the script as the user I see permission denied errors on several directories. This same script runs on many other systems here, but the only difference I can discern on the affected system is that the version of sudo is newer. I know that many security features were added in 1.7.0 and I was curious if perhaps a new default was added which might be causing problems for us.

If this is the wrong list to bring this issue to I apologize for wasting your time.

Regards,

Mike