[sudo-users] Assistance requested with recent upgrade from 1.6.8 to 1.7.2

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Tue Sep 20 09:19:17 EDT 2011

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 20:02:24 EDT, Michael Dunne wrote:

> Thank you for the reply. I see this error in the logs:
>
>  sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified
>
> When I run sudo -l as the user running the script I see:
>
> sudo -l
> Matching Defaults entries for repl on this host:
>     !set_logname, syslog=auth, !umask
>
> The current sudoers files does not contain the line you mentioned,
> but /etc/sudoers.rpmnew does contain it. I suppose that's the root
> of my question. Does that need to be explicitly stated in the sudoers
> file to take affect? Do I need to add a line to my current sudoers
> file stating Defaults !requiretty even though there's no mention of
> it currently?

You should not need to add "Defaults !requiretty".  The error you
are seeing indicates that sudo wants to read a password but is
unable to do so since there is no tty present.

Can you send the complete output of "sudo -l" run as the "repl"
user?  From what you've sent so far I don't see why sudo would be
prompting for a password.