[sudo-users] Assistance requested with recent upgrade from 1.6.8 to 1.7.2

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Tue Sep 20 10:30:41 EDT 2011

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 09:23:58 EDT, Mike Dunne wrote:

> Matching Defaults entries for repl on this host:
>     !set_logname, syslog=auth, !umask
>
> User repl may run the following commands on this host:
>     (root) NOPASSWD: /usr/local/lib/repl/netreg-repl.sh, (root) REPLB, (root)
>  LS,
>     (root) /usr/bin/rsync
>
> The reference to /usr/local/ is the script that I referenced earlier.

Hmm, that all looks OK to me.  Is the cron job running
/usr/local/lib/repl/netreg-repl.sh as a fully-qualified pathname
or relying on the PATH?  If the latter, try making it fully-qualified.

Another thing you could try is to disable authentication for the
repl user altogether.  A sudoers line like the following would
do that.

Defaults:reply !authenticate