[sudo-users] SUDO stripping variables

LEWIS, JOSEPH E JLEWIS at harristeeter.com
Wed Sep 28 13:02:36 EDT 2011

I am running sudo version Sudo version 1.6.9p15 on AIX 5.3 and created an alias in my .profile to allow me to keep the LIBPATH (alias sudo='sudo LIBPATH=".:/usr/lib:/uc1/products/oracle/10.2/lib32"'). All is well until the user I am sudo'ing to requires a connection to the oracle DB. I get the following error: 236506: Database error CAN'T OPEN MESSAGE FILE. (-1). When I login to the user that I am sudo'ing to the command runs just fine (no DB connection error). I suspect the problem is with the PATH being stripped. How do I prevent sudo from stripping the variables I need. I have set the Default !env_reset and Defaults env_keep += "PATH" in my sudoers, but it still produces database connection error. Any help would be most appreciated.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone at 704.844.3100 and delete this message and all copies and backups thereof. Thank you.