[sudo-users] 1.8.4: env_delete problem

balducci at units.it balducci at units.it
Sun Feb 19 11:03:25 EST 2012

Hello,

after 1.8.3p2 --> 1.8.4 upgrade, sudo seems to ignore my env_delete
directives in sudoers.

I used to have this Defaults fragment:

     Defaults:balducci  editor=/usr/bin/emacs, \
                        timestamp_timeout=-1,        \
                        env_delete-="PERLLIB PERL5LIB PERL5OPT", \
                        env_delete-="PYTHONPATH", \
                        !env_reset, \
                        !tty_tickets

which has worked for years. After upgrade, "sudo env" (for instance)
does not show PYTHONPATH any more. If I downgrade to 1.8.3p2
everything works as usual (i.e. "sudo env" shows PYTHONPATH).

I have read the man page for 1.8.4, but nothing seems to have changed.

So: am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with 1.8.4?
Can anybody reproduce this  (mis)behavior?

If that matters, I am on GNU/linux.

Thanks a lot in advance for any hint/information

ciao
gabriele

--
Gabriele Balducci - Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche - Via L. Giorgieri 1
I-34127 TRIESTE tel: I-040-5583957 fax: I-040-5583903 e-mail: balducci at units.it