[sudo-users] Logging when doing sudo su -

Louis Bohm lbohm at transitionaldata.com
Tue Feb 21 09:45:03 EST 2012

Hi,
I am testing out the logging features of version 1.8.3 and so far the only question I have is when a user does a sudo su - how come all the commands are not still logged.  I see the sudo su part in the logs but thats it.  We regularly have to sudo from our personal account in to another users account and do to that we need to first sudo su - to get in to root.

Can the logging in sudo capture this?  Or is there a better way to sudo from one user account into another account that can be caught by sudo?  No we do not know the password of the other user account nor do we want to know what their password is.

Louis
--
Louis Bohm - Sr. Systems Engineer