[sudo-users] prevent sudo from setting TERM and SUDO_* envvars

Christoph Anton Mitterer calestyo at scientia.net
Sun Jan 8 13:22:58 EST 2012

On Sun, 2012-01-08 at 18:19 +0000, Dempsey, Steve AZ wrote:
> Running the command through su - will yield a clean environment,
> something like:
Well but this means that I have one more process invocation, which
should not be necessary ans makes CGI requests even slower...

And wouldn't this then also clean all the CGI related envvars?

> TERM was likely there before running sudo,
No it wasn't I've checked this...

> or something in your target
> user's .profile/.cshrc flow created it.
That user has no such files... and even no shell associated with it.

Cheers,
Chris.