[sudo-users] SegFault/BusError on FreeBSD

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Mon Jan 30 11:27:52 EST 2012

On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 19:46:07 +1100, Samuel Denbigh Leslie wrote:

> I recently compiled & installed sudo from ports on a FreeBSD 8.2 x64
> box; version 1.8.3p1 w/ insults & LDAP support. The box also has
> BeyondTrust PowerBroker Identity Services (Open Edition) installed for
> integration with an Active Directory domain. Whenever trying to sudo
> logged in as an AD user, we either get a Segmentation Fault or a Bus
> Error (which one seems to be largely random). When logged in as a local
> user, sudo seems to work absolutely fine.

That sounds like a problem related to the PAM modules used by
PowerBroker Identity Services.

Please try ftp://ftp.sudo.ws/pub/sudo/beta/sudo-1.8.4rc1.tar.gz and
see if it has the same problem (I expect it will).  If so, add the
following line to /etc/sudo.conf (creating it if it doesn't already
exist).

Debug sudo /var/log/sudo_debug auth at trace

The tail end of /var/log/sudo_debug should give me an idea of where
sudo is dying.