[sudo-users] Mercurial repo

Andrew Walrond andrew at walrond.org
Tue Jan 31 14:50:03 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 10:06:46AM -0500, Todd C. Miller wrote:

> It depends what you are looking for.  The 1.8 branch is generally
> going to contain changes that will end up in the next 1.8.x release.
> In that respect, it will contain the most recent patches but may
> also contain a lot more changes.
>
> Right now, the 1.8 branch currently corresponds to sudo 1.8.4 which
> is in release candidate stage.

I maintain small distro whichs keeps all it's package sources in git
repos pulling from their upstream parent repos, git, hg, svn and cvs. A
very few packages, sudo being one, I've had to manage in upstream-less
repos built from imported tarballs. Obviously this is rather more work
than git/hg pull, so I was looking for a way round it.

It seems from what you say that persuading you to tag patch releases is
the optimal solution, but I don't like people messing with my own
work-flow, so I won't try that ;)

Andrew Walrond