[sudo-users] file ulimit not set correctly

Thomas Falkenberg TFALKEN at de.ibm.com
Thu Jul 5 17:43:40 EDT 2012

Hello Todd,

you are right. I have set a too big file ulimit in /etc/security/limits.
AIX handels it as unlimited. command "ulimit -f" says "unlimited".
In my opinion it would be a nice feature, if the ulimit is set higher than
allowed erroneous, that sudo evaluates it as us unlimited (such as AIX) or
as the maximum value 2G - 512blocks (1 TB), but not as zero.

Kind regards

Thomas Falkenberg

IT Center Mainz ECuRep AIX / IT Spezialist