[sudo-users] sudoers file - Limiting command line argument

Kevin Shortt kevinshortt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 07:52:15 EDT 2012

I am in search for info on a regex type glob too and I know this is many
months late, but have used a solution for this problem.  I will share in
hopes someone gets helped.

I offer this example using the /bin/cat command. It is a bit robust, but
provides /bin/cat with a fast glob anchored at /path/to/where_ever.  I used
the logfile owner as oracle, but if obviously if the logfile owner is not
specified and used the /bin/cat will work when defaulted to root.  This has
been tested and obfuscated to protect the guilty, but mileage may vary.

User_Alias ALLOW_VIEW = usera, userb, %viewgroup
User_Alias LOG_OWNER  = oracle
Cmd_Alias  CAT_PARENT  = /bin/cat *../*
Cmd_Alias  VIEW_CMDS   = /bin/cat /path/to/where_ever/*/*.log, !CAT_PARENT

ALLOW_VIEW  ALL=(LOG_OWNER) NOPASSWD: VIEW_CMDS

I hope this helps someone.

-Kevin