[sudo-users] sudo on Solaris 10 non global zone with Powerbroker Open 7

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Wed Jun 27 16:09:22 EDT 2012

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 12:17:42 PDT, "Martin, Jeff" wrote:

> I disabled lsass in /etc/nsswitch.conf for groups and its now as fast as we a
> re used to.
> However, wouldn't it be bad to leave it disabled?

Yes, but at least now you know the slowdown is due to group ID to
name resolution in the Powerbroker Open nsswitch module.

What you see sounds similar to this:
http://www.mail-archive.com/likewise-open-discuss@lists.likewisesoftware.com/msg00012.html

I will look into deferring the group ID -> name resolution until
it is actually needed but it sounds like you have a config problem
with the AD bridge.  I don't have any experience with that but from
the online docs it looks like you can run the authentication daemon
in debug mode to try and diagnose this type of problem.