[sudo-users] Setting defaults for a single LDAP sudo rule

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Tue May 15 14:18:53 EDT 2012

> I have been trying to add "sudoOption: !requiretty" to the LDAP
> rule but that does not seem to work as I expect. What am I doing
> wrong here?

It sounds like what you are trying ought to work.  Sudo will iterate
over the sudoOption attributes in a sudoRole and apply them.  Have
you tried enabling debugging?  If you add

sudoers_debug 2

to your ldap.conf file you should see sudo parse the various
sudoOptions.

You might also try a newer version of sudo and see if the problem
still presents itself, the latest version of sudo 1.7.x is 1.7.9
and the most current version of sudo is 1.8.4p4.