[sudo-users] How to Block with wildcards: sudo su?

Shawn McMahon syberghost at gmail.com
Fri May 18 16:44:38 EDT 2012

That's a bad idea in general, since it's trivial to circumvent. Better would be:

ORACLE_BDA   SERVERS_DB   = (oracle) ALL

..and then teach them to run:

sudo -iu oracle

...in the rare instance they ACTUALLY need "su - oracle", and more often:

sudo -iu oracle /path/to/some/command

I'd probably also look at adding log_output to that rule.