[sudo-users] Using #includedir /etc/sudoers.d

Drew Skinner drewsk at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 17:10:07 EST 2012

Hi;

I have to run an update of sudo configs to about 2000 Linux hosts and 1000
Solaris hosts

I'm not worried about the Solaris at all.

First, I do not want to patch or install a new version of sudo anywhere,
our systems are patched centrally and I don't want to make any changes to
them via patching or upgrading.

What i'd like to know is when specifically the includedir became available
and if there are versions of it I should avoid. A quick scan of the
environment gave me the following versions of sudo installed:

1.6.5p2
1.6.7p5
1.6.8p12
1.6.9p4
1.6.9p23
1.7.2p1
1.7.4p5

I'll be writing a script to push some changes; for those versions that
don't support it, I'll default to another method.

Appreciate your replies in advance,

Thanks,

Drew.