[sudo-users] Using #includedir /etc/sudoers.d

Shawn McMahon syberghost at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 17:24:41 EST 2012

includedir was added in 1.7.2.

Also, every version you list there has at least one security issue that is
fixed in a later version, although it's possible your vendor has backported
the fix(es). (If that 1.7.4p5 is RedHat or CentOS, for instance, it
probably includes everything.)

You will end up reaching the same conclusion my company did; that if you
want a consistent configuration strategy, you need a consistent version, or
at least a consistent "minimum" version. We ended up packaging our own. You
could probably throw a 1.7.10p3 on all the pre-1.7.2 boxes and manage a
consistent config, although I'd recommend doing it to even the 1.7.2 boxes
because 1.7.3 added LOG_OUTPUT, which is very useful.