[sudo-users] Sudo Integration with AD Issue - Sudo Debug Suggest it performs an LDAP Query but Doesn't

Funk, Ian Ian.Funk at disney.com
Wed Oct 10 13:17:29 EDT 2012

Thanks for your response Todd.

sudo-1.7.2p1-14.el5_8.4

A coworker of mine found the issue thankfully.  He looked at the source code and found it was not escaping the \ in the LDAP query.  It was returning a 0x60 error which suggests it's not a valid LDAP query from the OpenLDAP lib.  My coworker updated sudo via the sudo-1.8.6-4.el6.x86_64 RPM from sudo.ws and it now works successfully!  We are thinking we may take this issue up with Red Hat because it doesn't appear to be addressed in their updates.

- Ian