No subject

Fri Sep 28 08:36:56 EDT 2012

PAM gives system administrators the flexibility of  choosing
any  authentication  service available on the system to per-
form authentication.  The framework also allows new  authen-
tication service modules to be plugged in and made available
without modifying the applications.

The PAM framework, libpam, consists of an interface  library
and  multiple  authentication   service  modules.   The  PAM
interface library is the layer implementing the  Application
Programming  Interface  ( API ).  The authentication service
modules are a set of dynamically loadable objects invoked by
the PAM API to provide a particular type of user authentica-
tion.

Rich

courtesan.cs.colorado.edu id e7PCcIx25653