[sudo-users] How sudo handles signals

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at gmx.at
Wed Apr 17 14:21:37 MDT 2013

Hi Todd et al.,

I just want to let you (and the internets) know that the patch also
fixes a problem for me where the called application was somehow killed
by ^C without the signal handler being called. My signal handler (which
is hooked to about every possible signal) just toggles a static
variable which the main thread checks and shuts down cleanly (no
printfs or other "forbidden" stuff). Sometimes (>25% in my tests) the
application was killed before it could clean up when being invoked by
sudo.

I confirmed that changeset 7549:9f6ed53a62d6 fixes that by git-bisecting
between current HEAD and the version my distribution shipped (the
respective vanilla version was also affected).