[sudo-users] Checksum for executed scripts

Holger.vanKoll at swisscom.com Holger.vanKoll at swisscom.com
Tue Aug 20 08:38:58 MDT 2013

like Todd already said you can use sha-2 digests
however, that's not enough to prevent your dba from gaining root-priviliges
root.sh calls (among other scripts) f.e. setowner.sh which sources in rootmacro.sh and so on
all of those scripts are normally writeable by oracle-user, so he could put any command in that would be executed as root