[sudo-users] LDAPS + sudo + AIX 7.1

ace man kevev at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 22 06:43:03 MDT 2013

Thank You for the archive. If I purposly enter an incorrect TLSKEYPW I receive the error (SSL reason code 408).
That is expected becuase the code states that the keyring password is incorrect.

WIth the correct password I get  "Failed to connect to ssl server"
It looks like "ssl start_tls" is trying to connect via port 389 even though I have "PORT 636" set in ldap.conf.
This is no good since I use port 636 for SSL/TLS.

Could it be a limitation in Tivoli LDAP library? Maybe I could use opeldap libraries, but where to find them?