[sudo-users] Parsing the sudoers file

Matthew Hannigan mlh at zip.com.au
Mon Dec 16 03:08:40 MST 2013

Hi Todd,
Bit late with this but ..
My only thought was that it could provide a way for configuration automation.
The two way conversion could be used instead of parsing/unparsing
directly as done by the likes of Augeas.
I think people would prefer an official well-defined conversion to a
well-known alternative format such as json (or xml or yaml or other..)

Regards,
Matt

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 12:03 AM, Todd C. Miller
<Todd.Miller at courtesan.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 09:47:44 +1100, Matthew Hannigan wrote:
>
>> Wow Todd, that's fantastic.
>> Will there be an import as well?
>
> I hadn't intended to do import as well.  Can you give me a use case
> for importing from JSON?
>
>  - todd

m a t t h e w   l i n u s   h a n n i g a n