[sudo-users] SUDO on AIX not keeping env variables

wagnerprata at comcast.net wagnerprata at comcast.net
Mon Jul 15 11:58:10 MDT 2013

Hello everyone,

I installed sudo-1.8.7-1.aix53.lam.rpm on AIX 6.1 and added the following entries in /etc/sudoers

gc111d ALL=(oracle5) NOPASSWD:ALL

Defaults ! env_reset

Defaults env_keep += "ORACLE_HOME ORACLE_SID LD_LIBRARY_PATH LIBPATH PATH"

I log in to the machine as user ‘gc111d’ and run the following sudo command

$ sudo -u oracle5 /refresh/oracle5/app/oracle/product/dbE/bin/sqlplus

and I receive the following error:

Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus

SP2-0667: Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found

SP2-0750: You may need to set ORACLE_HOME to your Oracle software directory

This error is because SUDO is not keeping the environment variables from user ‘oracle5’

Is this a known issue with SUDO on AIX? Or am I missing something in /etc/sudoers?

Any help or comment will be greatly apprecitated.

Thanks

Wagner