[sudo-users] AUTHENTICATION ERROR MESSAGES COULD BE FOUND IN /VAR/ADM/MESSAGES

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Mon Jun 10 05:51:17 MDT 2013

This sounds like a problem with pam_login_limit.so, not sudo.
If you run:

    nm -o /usr/lib/security/pam_login_limit.so.1|grep main

do you see a reference to main?  If so, then pam_login_limit.so.1
is the problem.

The pam_login_limit.so module is not shipped as a standard part of
Solaris as far as I can tell.  I've seen this exact problem when a
shared module is built with gcc but the final linking is done without
using the -shared flag.