[sudo-users] [BUG] Another system (solaris 10 sparc) requires --disable-pie flag

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Sat May 25 06:40:49 MDT 2013

On Sat, 25 May 2013 13:58:27 +0200, "Christian Jullien" wrote:

> May I suggest you to support pie only on Linux (easy) or, as Eric suggests,
> better check that pie is actually supported (maybe with my simple C
> program?)

PIE is supported by more than Linux.  Both OpenBSD and Linux support
PIE binaries.  Solaris 11.1 also supports ASLR but appears to handle
it a bit differently, using the sxadm utility.

For now, I've added a test to sudo's configure based on your malloc
test to verify that a trivial PIE binary will work.