[sudo-users] Program occasionally failed after sudo patch

X Z bohr at live.com
Fri Oct 18 14:25:13 MDT 2013

Hi,
I have a program which is run by a sudo user.  The two threads of the program communicate with each other via TCP socket. TCP server and client are listening on 127.0.0.1 port 8888 and port 8889.  After I applied the sudo security patch sudo-1.7.2p1-selinuxfix.patch, the program can not be reliably started. The failure is caused by the TCP socket pair failed to accept the TCP connection and ACE_OS acceptor returns -1 sometimes.  Sometimes the program does work. Anyone has an idea on how to troubleshoot this issue? I couldn't get any sudo log messages from /var/log/messages.
ThanksSchwinn