[sudo-users] LDAPS + sudo + AIX 7.1

ace man kevev at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 21 15:02:52 MDT 2013

I am sorry if I am not allowed to revive an old thread. I noticed today that sudo is not detecting multiple URIs in /etc/ldap.conf .

I tried:

uri ldap://ldapserver1 ldap://ldapserver2

and

uri ldap://ldapserver1
uri ldap://ldapserver2

With the first setup only the first server is used.

Relevent output:
     sudo: uri        ldap://ldapserver1 ldap://ldapserver2

     sudo: ldap_init (ldapserver1 ldapserver2, 389)

With the second setup only the second server is used.

     sudo: uri       ldap://ldapserver1
     sudo: uri       ldap://ldapserver2

     sudo: ldap_init (ldapserver2, 389)

According to the Sudoers man page I should be able to use either of these stanzas to have sudo attempt to connect to both ldap servers.

This is the same code setup from this thread if anyone wants history on my AIX setup. Any help would be appreciated.  :o)