[sudo-users] Using sudo from a GUI app (getting a persistent ticket)

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 27 11:26:12 MDT 2013

> There are walk-arounds: disabling tty_tickets (security aspects...) or
> starting from a terminal (clumsy).  This is wat I do today.

Todd gave a proper answer however I just thought I'd throw in atleast
until the new version is out. Why not use NOPASSWD as I would guess you
may as well if you are enabling for 5 minutes, though tty tickets etc.
is a slight increase in security it's not a great deal and NOPASSWD with
timestamp_timeout=0 may in fact offer more security?

Obviously I don't know the details and you may have considered all this
so please don't be offended if so.

I'm glad you are using sudo for this task when so many encourage users
to run whole gui programs and don't drop priviledges either.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)