[sudo-users] SUDO & noexec

PASHIARDIS Charalambos Charalambos.PASHIARDIS at swift.com
Tue Feb 18 10:10:58 MST 2014

Dears,

Am sure that this is not the first time to be asked this question but I
wanted to make sure that I get as good of an answer as possible. The
question I have relates to the "noexec" keyword. Mandating "noexec" to be on
enhances security, but breaks applications that have legitimate reason to
run (exec) other things. Is there a good way to have sudo just block
interactive shell and allow other types of execs to go through?

                NOTE: Testing with version 1.8.6

Regards