[sudo-users] consultation about AIX sudo

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Tue May 20 14:09:45 MDT 2014

On Tue, 20 May 2014 15:50:03 -0300, federico montaldo wrote:

> I need to know who can I grant sudoedit in AIX. I installed this
> package  1.6.9p23 and I think it do not have sudoedit in order to add
> it in the sudoers entries. In redhat I can doit. Please let me know if
> somene got the same issue.

The sudoedit functionality was added in sudo 1.6.8.  If you are
missing the sudoedit command, you could just create a link from
sudo to sudoedit, or simply run "sudo -e".

Note that sudo 1.6.9p23 is quite old and the 1.6.x branch is no
longer supported.  You can find up to date sudo packages for AIX
at http://www.sudo.ws/sudo/download.html#binary