[sudo-users] More controlled globs

Johannes Löthberg johannes at kyriasis.com
Fri Apr 17 08:53:04 MDT 2015

Hello,

I just saw a question[1] on unix.stackexchange.com asking for a way to
let a user or group execute a specific command where the argument has a
glob in the sudoers file, but not allow any additional arguments after
that, so I was wondering if this currently is possible in sudo? I don’t
think it is, but I wanted to ask just in case.

One way to implement it would be to use $ to mean end of line like in
regexps, so you can just add an $ after the argument and then if there’s
anything more it doesn’t match.

[1]: http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/196861/

--
Sincerely,