[sudo-users] I/O logging when disk full

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Wed Apr 27 02:12:26 MDT 2016

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 5:48 PM, Gustavo Randich
<gustavo.randich at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was thinking about a sudo feature like disabling I/O logging when certain
> free space threshold is reached (comparable to Linux EXT filesystem's root
> "reserved blocks"), but maybe that introduces a security risk.

If I would in charge of a quick and dirt solution I would build a
script executed via cron (or periodic) to check the disk space, and to
disable the sudo logging once a threshold is reached. At the same
time, send an email to the sysadmin to notify the problem.
Another way could be to let sudo log to a different device, maybe via a link?

Of course, as yuo already pointed out, the above call for a security problem...

Luca