[sudo-users] I/O logging when disk full

A.J. Bonnema gbonnema at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 27 03:01:59 MDT 2016

On 04/27/2016 10:12 AM, Luca Ferrari wrote:
> If I would in charge of a quick and dirt solution I would build a
> script executed via cron (or periodic) to check the disk space, and to
> disable the sudo logging once a threshold is reached. At the same
> time, send an email to the sysadmin to notify the problem.
> Another way could be to let sudo log to a different device, maybe via a link?
>
> Of course, as yuo already pointed out, the above call for a security problem...

Hi Luca,

Not meaning to intrude in an existing discussion, but your option of
locking out sudo users plus alerting the sysadmin
seems like a pretty solid solution to me. I do not see any security
problem here. Locking down is usually safe, as opposed to opening up.
Disclaimer: I am not a security expert. This seems like common sense.

I would say, lock and load!

Kind regards, Guus.