[sudo-users] I/O logging when disk full

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Thu Apr 28 00:29:43 MDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 11:01 AM, A.J. Bonnema <gbonnema at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On 04/27/2016 10:12 AM, Luca Ferrari wrote:
> Not meaning to intrude in an existing discussion, but your option of locking
> out sudo users plus alerting the sysadmin
> seems like a pretty solid solution to me. I do not see any security problem
> here. Locking down is usually safe, as opposed to opening up. Disclaimer: I
> am not a security expert. This seems like common sense.

Thanks, but it represents a security risk at least in the sense of
Denial of Service: filling the log disk space means not only some
daemons could crash, stop, or just cry it loud, but also that root
must log-in.
By the way, I proposed such approach because that would be what I
would do in the same situation, without any clue of a better solution.
Of course, the script/program/whatever must be rock solid and carefully tested.

Luca