[sudo-users] hpux 11.31 - upgrading sudo package

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Tue Jun 28 07:00:24 MDT 2016

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 10:28:36 -0000, Kathar Mydheen Kattubava wrote:

> My server is hpux 11.31. I have already installed the sudo package, and the b
> elow are the details.
>
> sudo                                  1.8.3p1        sudo
>
> recently I am getting below errors in the sudo.log file,
>
> oracle : pam_authenticate: Conversation failure ; TTY=unknown
>     ; PWD=/home/oracle ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/symcli/bin/symclone -sid 26
> 51
>     -f /opt/emc/mapping_files/gsmdb_rep_vmax_clone.txt query
>
> For this, do I need to upgrade the sudo package to the latest ?
>
> The latest available package in hpux porting and archive website is "sudo-1.8
> .17".
>
> When I upgrade this sudo package using "swinstall", whether any change will h
> appen in the already exisiting configuration file.
> Requesting your expert advise.

The version of sudo you are running is almost 5 years old so I
would recommend upgrading to the latest.  Upgrading the sudo package
will not alter your existing sudoers configuration file.

I don't recognize the specific problem you are having, but if the
problem persists with the latest version of sudo it will be easier
to debug.