[sudo-users] Conflict while a user is in two groups?

Bernard Fay bernard.fay at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 11:14:15 MDT 2016

Hi,

Is it possible a conflict may happen if a user is in two groups:

[root at FILESRV01 ~]# groups bern
bern : Administrators users wheel

In /etc/sudoers, I defined the following entries:
%users  FILESRV01=(ALL) NOPASSWD:/bin/smbpasswd, /bin/ldappasswd
%wheel  ALL=(ALL)       ALL

There is a script that call /bin/smbpasswd and /bin/ldappasswd and I expect
users will not have to enter their passwords to run those two commands.

For users only in the group users it works fine but not for the users being
in group users and wheel such a the shown user bern, it does not work.

Does something can be done or I have to remove the users from group wheel?

Thanks,
Bernard