[sudo-users] Using an environment variable in sudoers?

leam hall leamhall at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 07:48:23 MDT 2016

Working through the things I've been asked to do. Most of them seem okay so
far, but still stuck on using an environment variable in a sudoers file.

What I'm looking for is to be able to put "$LEAM_PATH/my_command.sh" in
suders. I've tried to add the following to /etc/sudoers.d/my_commands but
get a syntax error.

 Defaults env_keep += "LEAM_PATH"
 leam                       ALL = $LEAM_PATH/my_command.sh

While importing an environment variable carries risk, is there any wayto do
this?

Thanks!

Leam

--