[sudo-users] log_output and log_input destination directories and files ownership and permissions

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Wed Oct 26 13:15:32 MDT 2016

The mode and owner for the I/O log files is not currently configurable.
There's no reason it can't be made configurable, there simply hasn't
been a demand for that before.

Sudo doesn't explicitly set the group on I/O log files.  For file
systems with BSD group semantics the group is inherited from the
parent directory.  Otherwise, the files get the user's group.  Since
the file mode doesn't allow group access this is not a big deal.

I'll put this on the roadmap for sudo 1.8.19.